In August, I wrote a post about how Organizational Change Management principles could be used to help increase participation in online communities. Bill Johnson asked me to elaborate on that post with a presentation in the Online Community Research Network Roundtable call, and I wanted to share my slides from that discussion here.
Tag Archives: presentation
Online Community Training
I haven’t been blogging much here this week, but I have been busy. I’ve been spending this week in New Jersey at a client site providing them with training on online communities and social media in addition to helping them plan for several upcoming online communities. I thought that some of you might also be interested in seeing a scrubbed version of the online community training that I delivered.
This online community training covers these topics:
- Introduction and Guiding Principles for Participation
- Planning and Getting Started
- Content Roadmaps
- Online Community Management
Contact me if you would like to have me train your company on online communities.
Related Fast Wonder blog posts:
Online Community Manager: Yes, It's Really A Job (Slideshare)
Earlier this week, I did a blog post with this name on WebWorkerDaily talking about community management as a profession in preparation for my presentation at Oregon State University this afternoon.
The presentation covers several topics related to community management careers:
- Defining Community
- Community Manager Jobs (examples, job description and skills required, salaries)
- Guiding Principles and Best Practices
Several people have asked for the slides, so here are the ones I’m bringing with me to the presentation. As always, I may take it in a different direction depending on the questions from the attendees, but at least this gives me something to deviate from.
Online Community Presentations
I’ve been doing a few presentations about online communities recently, and I finally got around to uploading a few of them to SlideShare. I thought people might be interested in seeing them.
- Online Communities: short and basic introduction to online communities
- Online Communities and Marketing: comprehensive 40+ slides on how people in marketing can engage with online communities.
- Open Source Communities: overview of how open source communities function
- What Would Dr. Seuss Say about Online Communities: fun with online communities presented in Ignite style.
I will continue to upload more presentations to my SlideShare account as I deliver them. You can also contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to have me deliver a similar presentation or more extensive online community or social media training for your organization.