My book, Companies and Communities: Participating without being Sleazy, is now available.
You can also get a list of my favorite online community blogs, books, and other resources.
If you are new to this blog or are looking for some of the best content on Fast Wonder, here is a collection of some of the best posts.
- Community Manager Tips Series
- Why Companies Should Have Online Communities
- Online Communities Fail Publicly
- Online Communities and Organizational Change Management
- Online Community Manager: Yes, It’s Really A Job (Slideshare)
- Custom Corporate Communities: Planning and Getting Started
- A Structure for Your Corporate Community
- Maintaining a Successful Corporate Community
- What Motivates Participants to Engage in Online Communities
- Online Community Metrics
- Musings on Community Ownership
- Defining Online Community
- Reflections on Community Management: AKA “What Do You Do”
- What Does it Take to Manage a Community?
- Community Roles: Manager, Moderator, and Administrator
- Hot Topics in Communities: Reputation Systems
- Hiring a Community Manager
- How to Get a Community Manager Job
Social Media (Blogging, Social Networks, and More)
- Starter Kit: Social Media and Social Networking Best Practices for Business
- Why Your Company Should Have a Blog
- Corporate Blogging Tips
- Ideas for Corporate Blog Posts
- Using Twitter for Brands or Corporate Identities
- Getting Started with Facebook for Companies and Organizations
- Monitoring Dashboards: Why every company should have one
- Social Media Policy: Does your company need one?
- Are Corporate Blogs a Joke?
- Communication Issues and Corporate Blogs
- WordPress: Host it Yourself or Host on WordPress.com
- Web 2.0 Starter Kit