My next Yahoo Pipes class is scheduled for June 25th. For those who aren’t familiar with Yahoo Pipes, it is a tool that I use to monitor conversations happening across various social media sites. While Yahoo Pipes can also do so much more, I have focused this introductory class on monitoring conversations.
When: Thursday, June 25, 2009 from 5:00pm – 7:30pm
City: Portland, OR
Location: CubeSpace 622 SE Grand Ave., Portland OR (no remote attendance)
Learn more: Prerequisites, Course Outline and Information
- Early Bird: $124.99
- Late Registration (After June 18): $199.99
- Students, Freelancers, or Unemployed can contact me for lower prices [UPDATED 6/5/09 with tweaks to pricing for the class]
- You will need to bring a laptop to the training class
- You must have a Yahoo account (Flickr / Upcoming) and confirm that you can access Pipes with that account
- You will also need to create a Google Spreadsheet with 5-6 keywords formatted like this prior to the class.
- No prior knowledge of Yahoo Pipes is required
Why you need this course to learn about Yahoo Pipes
This course will teach you how using Yahoo Pipes can help you understand what people are saying about you, your industry, your competitors and more through smart filtering of blogs, news sources, Twitter, and other online sites. Your customers are talking about you and your competitors are revealing information that you want to know online. Can you find it quickly and efficiently now?
- Become more responsive to your customers by knowing when and where people are talking about your company and products on blogs and Twitter. Find and respond more quickly and efficiently.
- Use what people are saying about your company and your products to improve your products / services, marketing messages, web content, documentation and other communications.
- Get insight into your competitors.
- Keep up with important information about your industry by focusing on keyword filtering to find the most relevant content for your situation.
- Use the information to get ideas for blog posts or other communication.
- Tailor your online research to your specific needs and interest areas.
Visit the Introduction to Yahoo Pipes training page for the course outline and other information about the class.