I’m a bit of a data geek, so I’ve spent quite a bit of time looking at metrics for communities. Since most of the communities that I’ve managed are open source, my metrics work skews in that direction. This page is simply a collection of the work that I’ve done over the years along with some links to other resources.
People doing really cool stuff with metrics:
- Bitergia (my current favorite): They are doing some really cool stuff, and I’ve been working with them to revamp the Puppet metrics. Check out some of their reports and the Bitergia blog.
My Conference Presentations:
- Your Metrics Strategy at FLOSS Community Metrics in Brussels January 2015.
- Open Source Community Metrics: LinuxCon Barcelona and LibreOffice Conference Fall 2012
- Open Source Community Metrics – the short version for FOSDEM 2013
- Crunching the numbers: Open Source Community Metrics at OSCON 2011 with Dave Neary
- Open Source Community Metrics at OSBridge 2011
- I’ve also presented at various conferences with updates on community metrics for MeeGo, Tizen, Puppet, etc., but most of those presentations are a bit outdated.
Some of My Past Metrics Projects:
I’ve done metrics for all of these communities in the past. Sadly, the none of these metrics dashboards still exist.
My Blog posts about Metrics: