Would you like to become more responsive to your customers and quickly know what people are saying about your company and products? This Yahoo Pipes training course is designed for people who are familiar with Yahoo Pipes, but who want to learn more about using it to monitor social media websites and fine-tune techniques. In 2.5 hours, we will also review the basics of building pipes using lists of keywords and filtering to find the content most interesting to you.You should know how to build a basic pipe and have experience using the following modules: fetch feed, filter, and sort and know how to use the debugger to inspect feeds. If you are new to Yahoo Pipes or want a refresher, you should take the Basic Introduction to Yahoo Pipes class first. This class is ideal for bloggers, public relations and marketing professionals, as well as community and content managers or anyone involved in customer care.
Class offered in partnership with the Oregon Training Network.
- You should know how to build a basic pipe and have experience using the following modules: fetch feed, filter, and sort and know how to use the debugger to inspect feeds. If you are new to Yahoo Pipes or want a refresher, you should take the Basic Introduction to Yahoo Pipes class first.
- You will need to bring a laptop to the training class
- You must have a Yahoo account (Flickr / Upcoming login?) and confirm that you can access Pipes with that account
- You will also need to create a Google Spreadsheet with 5-6 keywords formatted like this prior to the class.
Upcoming Class: None Scheduled
Who Should Attend
- Public relations professionals
- Marketing managers
- Brand managers
- Social media managers
- Community managers
- Web Strategists
- Content managers / bloggers
- Customer care specialists
Why you need this course to learn about Yahoo Pipes
This course will teach you how using Yahoo Pipes can help you understand what people are saying about you, your industry, your competitors and more through smart filtering of blogs, news sources, Twitter, and other online sites. Your customers are talking about you and your competitors are revealing information that you want to know online. Can you find it quickly and efficiently now?
- Become more responsive to your customers by knowing when and where people are talking about your company and products on blogs and Twitter. Find and respond more quickly and efficiently.
- Use what people are saying about your company and your products to improve your products / services, marketing messages, web content, documentation and other communications.
- Get insight into your competitors.
- Keep up with important information about your industry by focusing on keyword filtering to find the most relevant content for your situation.
- Use the information to get ideas for blog posts or other communication.
- Tailor your online research to your specific needs and interest areas.
Training Objectives: What you will learn
- A short overview of uses for Yahoo Pipes including strengths and weaknesses.
- Using Yahoo Pipes to filter content using keywords or exclude unwanted information.
- Advanced techniques to get more out of your Yahoo Pipes.
Short Introduction to Yahoo Pipes
- Strengths and weaknesses
Keywords and Filtering with Yahoo Pipes
- Filters on keywords and exclude content
- Track mentions of your companies and products online using filtering as needed
- Loops for more powerful pipes
- Advanced inputs with CSV files
- Advanced vanity pipes and industry tracking
- Finding the best posts
- Cloning and modifying other people’s pipes
- Early Bird: $125
- Late registration: $175
- Students, freelancers, or unemployed can contact me to attend at a significant discount