Many large companies can afford to spring for expensive software packages that monitor what people are saying about your company, industry, and competition online; however, for those of us looking for an inexpensive solution, Yahoo Pipes can be an important tool.
After I published the 2 minute Yahoo Pipes demo on Monday, I realized that I have done many posts about Yahoo Pipes without ever writing about why people should care about the technology and how it can used. I decided it was time to devote a post to explaining how people can use Yahoo Pipes and get actual business benefits.
Using Yahoo Pipes can help you understand what people are saying about you, your industry, your competitors and more through smart filtering of blogs, news sources, Twitter, and other online sites. Your customers are talking about you and your competitors are revealing information that you want to know online. Can you find it quickly and efficiently now?
A few business benefits from using Yahoo Pipes:
- Become more responsive to your customers by knowing when and where people are talking about your company and products on blogs and Twitter. Find and respond more quickly and efficiently.
- Use what people are saying about your company and your products to improve your products / services, marketing messages, web content, documentation and other communications.
- Get insight into your competitors.
- Keep up with important information about your industry by focusing on keyword filtering to find the most relevant content for your situation.
- Monitoring dashboards will help you disseminate the information from Yahoo Pipes throughout the rest of your organization.
While I think that monitoring is always important, I usually emphasize it when I am working on blogging strategies with clients. Knowing what people say about your organization, your industry, and your competition is an important element of a blogging strategy. All of the information found via Yahoo Pipes for the purposes above can then be used to generate ideas for blog posts or other communications.
What business benefits do you get from Yahoo Pipes?
Related Fast Wonder Blog posts